Created by Lee Zion
Updated Sunday, 24-Mar-2013 14:43:40 MDTMay 2010
Links to US GenWeb pages of our neighbors:
COYuma Photo Pages
Click this image for a detail of the threshing machine.
Links to more information about Yuma County
Yuma County Maps
- Yuma County Gazetteer - Post Offices, Towns and Cemeteries
- Yuma County Cemetery Map and Locator
- Yuma County Historical Map
- Yuma County Land Survey Townships
- Land Patent Maps
- 1920 Yuma County Precincts
- 1922 Yuma County Standard Atlas
- Index to Colorado Historical Maps
- Maps showing the evolution of Colorado Counties 1860-1998 (230kb html)
Yuma County Government
- Mailing address is Yuma County (office name), 310 Ash, Wray, CO 80758
- Clerk and Recorder - phone (970) 332-5809
- Treasurer - phone (970) 332-4965
- County and District Court Clerk - phone (970) 332-4118
- County Webpage - www.yumacounty.net/
Town Government Webpages
Yuma County History
- A Short Yuma County History - Lee Zion
Yuma County Historical Societies, Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Museums
- Yuma Area Genealogical Society, PO Box 454, Yuma, CO 80759
- Wray Library, 621 Blake St., Wray, CO 80758, phone (970) 332-4744
- Yuma Library, 910 S. Main St., Yuma, CO 80759, phone (970) 848-2368
Fascinating letters describing homesteading years - although the letters mention Holyoke frequently, the Joslin homesteads were in Yuma County
There is a COGenWeb mailing list to aid in your genealogy research in Northeastern Colorado.
The email@example.com, list covers a six-county (Morgan, Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington and Yuma) area. As traffic builds, the initial area list will be divided into smaller areas.
The mailing list provides an easy route to reach other people researching their roots in your area of interest. It does not replace the individual COGenWeb County query systems and cannot be used to post queries for the individual county coordinators.
If you have resources on any of the six counties (cemetery indexes, newspaper obituaries, census data, biographies, family histories or county histories) that you would be willing to use to lookup information in for others, your participation is especially requested. To make the mailing list viable, we NEED lookup volunteers
To sign up for the mailing list send an email message to COYUMA-L-REQUEST@rootsweb.com. In the body of the message type the singe word -- subscribe.
If you would rather receive a "digest" version of the message traffic on the mailing list, use the address COYUMA-D-REQUEST@rootsweb.com. In the body of the message type the single word -- subscribe. If you chose the digest version, emails sent to the mailing list will be collected and forwarded to you periodically in a single package.